For anyone looking to sell or purchase a property, a valuation report from McLennan Steege Smith & Associates (McSSA) provides you with an independent assessment of the subject property along with clear market evidence to support our findings.
You may need a property valuation in matters related to:
- property settlement
- dispute resolution
- a deceased estate
- asset accounting and management
- obtaining finance to purchase
- drawing down on the equity of your property.
Our licensed and experienced valuers offer either short-form (around 3–6 pages) or a more comprehensive long-form valuation (around 10 pages), which may be required for litigation matters or high-end property.
In determining the value of a property, our valuation experts will visit the property and look at numerous factors including land and building size, construction details like the type of materials used (e.g. fibro or brick), the location, other sales in the area, the condition of the existing dwelling, and ancillary details like pools, garages and off-street parking.
Using technical assessment methods, this information is then combined with information about recent comparable sales in the same locality as well as current market conditions to arrive at the ‘true’ value of the property.
Accurate and practical reports
In contrast to a real estate agent’s property appraisal, which is an estimate based on recent sales, our property valuations are independent of an agenda and based on irrefutable facts. We also differ from building or pest inspections in that we do not identify and make recommendations on flaws and necessary repairs.
Our valuations provide meaningful comparisons and are valuable in assisting you in making accurate decisions and an informed choice about a property purchase or sale. It takes the emotion and confusion out of any purchasing or selling decision and is particularly useful as a practical negotiating tool.
An honest and personal approach
McSSA has been assessing and valuing property for well over 25 years and is well respected within the Sydney property industry. We offer the following benefits:
- Registered valuers with extensive experience and formal qualifications
- Adherence to stringent industry standards and a rigorous code of ethics
- Accurate, independent and effective reports
- Obligation-free quote based on your personal needs
- Guaranteed turnaround times to meet the requirements of courts
- Ongoing communication and personal service where you deal directly with the valuer
- In-depth knowledge of the Sutherland Shire, St George and the Sydney metropolitan area.
The smart way to sell or buy
A property valuation from McSSA is the smart approach to any purchasing and selling decision that will save you both time and money. Contact us now.