In cases where one may need their property to be used as security for the release of an individual on bail, a valuation is required to confirm how much the property is worth.
The property may be that of the accused or could be the property of a family member or friend. In either case, this person is called the ‘surety’ and they agree to pay or forfeit an amount of money or property if the accused does not turn up to court when required.
The surety needs to demonstrate that the relevant equity in that property exists after accounting for mortgages and other debts so it is usually necessary to provide a copy of the title deed and a recent mortgage statement, in addition to the property valuation.
Providing accurate valuations as required
McLennan Steege Smith (McSS) has extensive experience in working with legal teams and directly with clients in providing the valuation documents necessary to ensure a person is released on bail.
We understand that in these circumstances, it is necessary to conduct a valuation for bail as soon as possible and thus are able to produce an independent and accurate report that meets legal requirements in the short timeframes required.
In most cases, we are able to provide a cost-effective valuation report within a 24-hour period subject to access, availability and the property being a standard house or home unit.
An honest and personal approach
McSS has been assessing and valuing property for well over 25 years and is well respected within the Sydney property industry. We are proud of the fact that much of our business is built on repeat clients and referrals.
We offer the following benefits:
- Registered valuers with extensive experience and formal qualifications
- Adherence to stringent industry standards and a rigorous code of ethics
- Accurate, independent and effective reports
- Obligation-free quote based on your personal needs
- Guaranteed turnaround times to meet the requirements of courts and tribunals
- Ongoing communication and personal service where you deal directly with the valuer
- In-depth knowledge of the Sutherland Shire, St George and the Sydney metropolitan area.
Offering independent and accurate advice
Contact us today to find out how we can best assist you with a bail application.